FreeBSD / OPNsense / pfSense Development Builds
This directory contains binary development builds.
Adding the ntop Repository
Before installing ntop packages, you need to add the official ntop repository.
- FreeBSD 14 / pfSense (latest release, based on FreeBSD 14)
pkg add https://packages.ntop.org/FreeBSD/FreeBSD:14:amd64/latest/ntop-1.0.pkg
- FreeBSD 13 / OPNsense (latest release, based on FreeBSD 13)
pkg add https://packages.ntop.org/FreeBSD/FreeBSD:13:amd64/latest/ntop-1.0.pkg
- FreeBSD 12 / OPNsense / pfSense (latest release, based on FreeBSD 12)
pkg add https://packages.ntop.org/FreeBSD/FreeBSD:12:amd64/latest/ntop-1.0.txz
Installing ntop Packages
Once the ntop repository has been added, you can run the following commands (as root) to install ntop Packages:
pkg install nprobe ntopng n2diskIMPORTANT:
As ntopng is part of FreeBSD makes sure that you install the ntop packaged version and not the one packaged with FreeBSD (and thus obsolete).
Running ntop Packages
Below you can read how to start ntopng. Similar steps are necessary for nprobe and n2disk. Do (as root):
- Make sure ntopng and redis (used by ntopng) are enabled
sysrc redis_enable="YES" sysrc ntopng_enable="YES"
- Make sure redis is up and running
service redis start
- Finally start ntopng
service ntopng start
Manuals: Mastering ntop Tools